Things Dilburn learned at Burning Man
The Dilburn campers jotted some useful notes on a little whiteboard at our camp. Eventually I wanted to erase the whiteboard, so here’s what it said!
- Burning Man is what you make it.
- RVs are really nice.
- Art cars are fun!
- Hexayurts are the way of the future.
- Tents are dusty.
- White carports don't reflect enough sun.
- Bring extra rebar and sledgehammers. Not just extra. Bring too much.
- NO PACKAGING!
- Repack everything into bins, sorted by type-of-thing.
- Bring power tools. Charged.
- Try camping on the 7:30 side. It's crowded, and different than the 4:30 side.
- Create wind and sun breaks.
- Designate a shit table.
- Give foot baths.
- Drinks are communal. Expect your beer cooler to be raided, so just have everyone pay in upfront.
- There's no such thing as a quick trip at Burning Man - never say, "I'll be right back!"